- Intend to pursue a career in education.
- Are enrolled in a qualified degree program.
- Have a cumulative grade-point average of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale. Contact the Pi Lambda Theta international office for advice when grades are not computed on a 4.0 scale.
- Have at least a sophomore-standing in a baccalaureate degree program or pre-baccalaureate degree program in education. Or, have completed at least two courses in a graduate degree program or post-baccalaureate certification or credential program. (If a graduate student has completed fewer than two graduate courses, the undergraduate GPA should be used.)
- No present enrollment in a degree program.
- A minimum of a baccalaureate degree.
- Completion of a degree, a credential program, or a certification program at a regionally accredited institution in a field leading to a career in education.
- A grade-point average of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale for the most advanced degree, credential or certification program.
- Submission of a résumé / vita or portfolio as evidence of outstanding contributions to the profession.
A professional educator who has been certified by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards is also eligible for membership. In this case, the above criteria are waived.
Already a member? If your membership has already lapsed, you will be prompted to renew your membership when you log in.
Did you receive an invitation with a username and password? Join on this page instead. Get an invitation without a username and password? You’re on the right page already.
Commitment to Diversity: Membership in Pi Lambda Theta is open to all qualified candidates, including persons with disability, without regard to age, race, color, gender, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation.