Student Support Scholarships, available exclusively to members of Pi Lambda Theta, are funded through the generosity of donors and are administered by the PDK Educational Foundation. Awards range from $2,000 to $3,000.
View and print this flyer to share information about the scholarship program. Chapter officers, we encourage you to post these on bulletin boards in career centers, student unions, libraries, and other campus locations.
The 2018 scholarship application deadline is April 2, 2018.
- Completed Online Application Form (Applications open on January 2, 2018.)
- Transcripts of all undergraduate work as evidence of academic success. (Please save your transcript with a file name that starts with your last name, e.g., Jones_transcript.pdf.)
- Personal Statement, no longer than 500 words, sharing something you have learned about teaching and/or the public education system since you have been in college. Consider writing about your student teaching experience, challenges you see facing the profession and/or public education and how you see yourself confronting those challenges, or your thoughts on various instructional methods or teaching philosophies.
To be considered for an additional $1,000 in scholarship award, you must also submit:
- Your résumé (Please save your résumé with a file name that starts with your last name, e.g., Jones_resume.pdf.)
- Two letters of recommendation from major professors. Your references must be familiar with your academic abilities and school activities, and they should address your interest in teaching and the qualities that will make you a successful educator. This includes your gift for teaching, motivation, relative maturity, integrity, independence, originality, initiative, enthusiasm, leadership potential, capacity for growth, and special talents. (Please save the letters with file names that start with your last name, e.g., Jones_letter1.pdf and Jones_letter2.pdf.)
Recipients are selected by the scholarship committee.
Grant Management Software provided by WizeHive