Eligibility: undergraduate members
Amount: Amounts are determined annually and will be posted when the application period opens. (The 2017 award amount is $500.)
Type: Tuition payment
Deadline: April 1
Bushaw-Redumis Pi Lambda Theta Scholarships are awarded to outstanding full-time or part-time undergraduate students who are members of Pi Lambda Theta. The scholarship was established in 2010 and is sustained by a restricted fund established with the PDK Educational Foundation by a gift from William J. Bushaw, PhD., and his wife, Irene.
Each scholarship is disbursed directly to an accredited college or university to the bursar account of the recipient.
The application must include evidence that the applicant:
- Is an undergraduate member of Pi Lambda Theta.
- Has a cumulative grade point average of at least a 3.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Displays potential for leadership.
- Is pursuing a career in some area of the field of education.
- Is enrolled full- or part-time for a minimum of three hours in a regionally accredited institution during the year following the award.
The application must include:
- Completed online application (Deadline April 1, annually.)
- A résumé
- A college transcript showing cumulative GPA (facsimile accepted)
- A 100- to 200-word essay of the applicant’s personal philosophy of teaching and learning. (Essays that exceed the word count may be disqualified.)
- Two letters of support from major professors addressing the applicant’s gift for teaching, motivation, relative maturity, integrity, independence, originality, initiative, enthusiasm, leadership potential, capacity for growth, and special talents. The letters may be included with the application. If sent under separate cover, they must be received by the application deadline.
Application materials will not be returned.
Recipients are selected by the PLT Scholarship Selection Committee.
The application must be completed online by April 1.
Grant Management Software provided by WizeHive