Eligibility: PLT members
Amount: Award amounts are determined annually and will be posted when application period opens. (The 2016 award amount was $2,000.)
Type: Tuition payment
Deadline: April 1
Student Support Scholarships are awarded to assist students with tuition and books and are available to part-time as well as full-time students. The scholarships are funded by numerous small donations from many Thetans.
Each scholarship is disbursed directly to an accredited college or university on behalf of the recipient.
The application must include evidence that the applicant:
- Is a member of Pi Lambda Theta.
- Has a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Is enrolled full-time or part-time for a minimum of three semester hours at a regionally accredited institution during the year following the award.
The application must include:
- Completed online application (Deadline April 1, annually.)
- An official college transcript that includes the fall semester/quarter (or if not currently enrolled, the most recent semester/quarter), verifying at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
- A 100- to 200-word essay of the applicant’s personal philosophy of teaching/learning. [Essays that exceed the word count may be disqualified.] No additional copies of the above material are required; however, Pi Lambda Theta reserves the right to require up to 10 copies of material that is not readily reproducible. Application materials are not returned.
Recipients are selected by the scholarships committee.
The complete application must be received in the Pi Lambda Theta international office by April 1. Applications may be submitted:
- Via email to email@example.com
- Via U.S. mail to PLT Scholarships, P.O. Box 7888, Bloomington, IN 47407-7888
Grant Management Software provided by WizeHive