A DISCOUNTED MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION FOR TFA CORPS MEMBERS!
Teach For America and Pi Lambda Theta share a common goal: to ensure that every child has a quality education. One way we can help you achieve that goal is with a discounted subscription to Educational Horizons, the only professional, award-winning magazine focused on the needs of new teachers. If you’re looking for resources to improve your practice and keep you inspired, look no further!
How does Educational Horizons help new teachers?
We highlight practical classroom management strategies and other useful advice.
- Students who want to learn cause fewer problems. In “Mindsets: How to Motivate Students (And Yourself),” learn the secret to unlocking students’ potential.
- Keep students learning even after the standardized tests are over with strategies from “Four Tips for Surviving Standardized Testing.”
We tackle hot topics – and make them easy to understand.
- Inaccuracies and a lack of fairness may be lurking in your grading system. In “Four Ways to Make Grades More Effective,” find out what the problems are and how to fix them.
- LGBT students offer four ideas for making school safer in “LGBT Students Want Educators to Speak Up for Them.”
We share innovative teaching strategies and practical ways to implement them.
- Cutting-edge teachers talk about how they engage students and make learning fun, like using The Hunger Games to teach about forms of government.
- Silence can be a powerful tool to boost engagement. Learn new teaching strategies from an experienced educator in “The Role of Silence in Teaching and Learning.”
We share fun and inspiring stories, too.
- Award-winning columnist Roxanna Elden tackles topics like when to talk to your principal (and when to be quiet) and if there’s life after lesson planning.
- Teachers like Jeffrey Cole share their personal stories about making a difference in “Why I Teach.”
Subscribe to Educational Horizons magazine today for just $21 and save 25% off the regular $29 price. Horizons is published four times a year, in October, December, February, and April.